Thursday, February 2, 2012

79% and 14!

It has been a good week! There has been good news all around and I am feeling encouraged and ready to just keep pushing on.
I had my reassessment done at the clinic I have been going to and there has been a 79% improvement in my health! That is huge! I can feel it and let me tell you that it feels great to have energy again and to be able to handle situations without having a mini breakdown. God is good! I am so thankful for the clinic and everyone there and thankful for how God has used it all to strengthen my body and mind. The other good news is that because I have progressed so well the doctor thinks that she can now begin to concentrate more on the infertility issue! She wanted to get me healthy first and see how well I responded to everything and now that I am pretty much back to "normal" she is ready to treat the infertility more specifically. So perhaps we will end up being able to have a baby yet, but even if we don't it is just so wonderful to feel like myself again and to know that no matter how a baby joins our family I will have the strength and energy to be the mom I want to be.
The other good news is that we are now number 14 on the waiting list! That is including matches or holds that are ahead of us so if any of those fall through we could move back down one or two spots but still! This time last month we were at number 18! That is a huge jump!
It's the first time in a while that I have felt encouraged about all the 'baby stuff'. I am feeling a little more optimistic that something may actually happen this year and actually feeling a little excited now.
Keep praying though! 
One of the girls in our home group is expecting a baby in May and she keeps telling me that she is positive I will either have a baby in my arms or belly by the time she has her little girl because she wants us to do the baby thing together. Her optimism is actually a blessing to me as she refuses to think it won't happen this year. We are blessed to be surrounded by people who are optimistic and supportive and praying for us!

1 comment:

Allan Halton said...

Thanks for posting this Julie.
Don't know how to give you a hug online but I'll try this: ()

Our love to you and all the family.

Allan