Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cold Today



It is cold and snowy with a wind this morning. I was going to take the puppy for a walk like I usually do but we had him shaved yesterday so he is already cold and I really didn't feel like walking in the wind. 
-20ish with the wind chill this morning. Oh how I long for spring and warmer weather and buds on the trees and flowers pushing their way up through the soil and being able to go for a walk with just a sweater instead of my winter jacket. But then I remind myself that I do live in northern Alberta. We could be getting snow off and on until May. So instead of just complaining I will be thankful that I have a warm home and comfy clothes and food to put in my tummy.


We should be on the "active list" with the adoption agency some time next week! That is exciting for us! We know that once we are on the list there is nothing else we can do except wait but at least we will know that really at any time the phone could ring and we could have wonderful news and our arms and hearts will finally be filled. In some ways it all still fills surreal and well, just, I don't know. It doesn't feel real to me in many ways and I think it's partially because so much of the contact I have had with the agency has been on the phone or through email. Almost feels like there is something else we should be doing but we are almost finished everything that was required of us. We are officially "Approved". We were even sent a certificate that says we are. So I guess we are doing things properly. Such a lesson in trust and faith and hope. After 3 years of trying to have a baby and being disappointed every month it is tough for me to get my hopes again. I think I keep waiting for everything to fall out from under us and yet I truly believe and feel in my heart that this is what God wants us to do and that He has a little one chosen just for us who needs us and who we need. So I continue to trust and to have faith and yes, even to hope.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Julie- this is exciting news for you about the adoption. I'm glad you guys were approved because you're pretty great in my opinion.
I'm glad you have a blog. I am slowly getting back into the blog world.
Sorry about the cold weather. You could come out to Vancouver and get your spring fix :)