Saturday, March 2, 2013

Finally!!!

I am so very excited and thankful and relieved to tell everyone that Emma is finally and officially a Sakaluk!!! We received the adoption order in the mail this past week. There is a small technicality that has to be fixed as they spelled my middle name wrong but it just means another piece of paper and that we can't apply for her birth certificate until it has been amended. Otherwise she is legally ours!

When I got into our vehicle after picking the adoption order up I sat and cried. Then I called Chad. Then I cried some more and even as I am writing this I am crying a little. It's amazing how some pieces of paper can change your world. Of course she was ours before this too but now it is done, settled, legal, no one can take her from me. How many times in the last almost nine months have I had thoughts go through my head of what my defense would be if someone tried to take her from me? What I would say in front of a judge....who has been changing her diapers, feeding her, clothing her, staying up nights with her when she couldn't breathe because she was so sick, loving her, teaching her, cuddling her, singing to her, praying over her, who has truly been her mother? What a relief to know she is truly and forever ours. Well, until some icky boy comes and sweeps her off her feet! But even then she will still be ours.

God is so good and He has blessed us so much. I think though that He can stop teaching me what it means to wait! I have waited for so many things in my life and think the lesson is well learned! Of course I know in saying that there will be more lessons. It's okay though, everything that I have waited for has turned out to be even more beautiful and amazing and perfect than I could ever imagine!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. And thanks to God for answering so many prayers.
- Yin