Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Purging, Cleansing, Renewing, Healing

I have started changing over Emma's diet. This afternoon I purged our pantry of things she can't have and did the same with the fridge. I have been shopping and reading labels and looking up recipes. Yesterday was her first day and the rice milk and sunflower seed butter were a hit! Especially the sunflower seed butter as you can see...


My heart hurt for her when I saw she is sensitive to peanuts because she loves peanut butter so much! I thought she would probably like sunflower seed butter as it has a similar taste and thank goodness I was right. She calls it peanut butter still. :) We also made waffles that were gluten free, dairy free, egg free and sugar free and they tasted very good! The recipe made enough that I was able to put some in the freezer for her breakfasts.

We have been enjoying some of the veggies from our garden and I love how eating them fresh from our garden is getting her to eat more veggies as she will very willingly eat whatever is picked. Our carrots are almost big enough to start picking and we had to cheat the other day and pick some. They tasted so good!



I am feeling quite encouraged about doing this diet with/for Emma. I have found so much and am thankful that Chad and I have done something similar in the past so I have a good idea of where to start and how to do it. We have a couple of birthday parties coming up and I was able to find some cupcakes and ice cream for Emma that she is able to eat so that she doesn't have to feel left out. She is too little to understand. She may grow out of all of these sensitivities but if she doesn't that is totally okay. It is a very healthy way to eat. It may mean more work for me but as I get into the swing of it all it will get easier and just be a way of life. The hard part will be going to other peoples' houses and having people offer her yummy things that she can't eat. If you are reading this and know you will be seeing her please don't offer her anything with gluten, dairy, eggs or peanuts! She won't understand why Mommy isn't letting her have it. I will try to always bring food and snacks and goodies with me that will be just for her.

I am planning on doing this all with her so that she isn't alone in it and Chad is okay with it all as well. Yes, it's more work. Yes, it's more time consuming. Yes, in some ways it is sacrificing alot. But tell me, don't you think this cutie is worth it?!




No comments: