Monday, April 26, 2010

Presents!



Yesterday Chad and I were out and about doing a bit of shopping and he bought me a couple of presents! We laughed a little just cause apparently I am really easy to please. My gifts? A new (good quality) cutting board and a new broom and dustpan! :) Exciting and romantic right? Well, for someone who is a full time homemaker it actually is! Not just because I really needed new ones but more because it meant alot that Chad wanted to make me happy. I would never complain if he brought me flowers or bought me jewelry but what made yesterday great was just that we were together. Not doing anything special per se but just wandering around enjoying each other's company with no deadlines or stress, just being us. We don't do that very often. I also know that in his way Chad was trying to bless me and spoil me and I love him for it! Some people may see him buying me things like that as, oh I don't know, almost chauvinistic, but I sure didn't. It is the little things that count, the little things that can brighten our days and bring joy to our hearts and make us feel loved. I am looking forward to using the cutting board in making our meals and to using the broom to sweep up all the grass that makes it's way into our house on little puppy feet. I am blessed and I am loved and my hubby really does a good job of reminding me of both just in the way he treats me and all the little and big things he does for me and with me. What a blessed girl I am!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's funny Julie, beacause jason came home with a kitchen knife and a deluxe dandilion puller. oh, happy day's.