Monday, July 19, 2010

Adoption Update



I emailed the agency today for an update on our status. Penny emailed me back right away and let me know that we have moved from spot 42 to spot 38 on the list! Not a huge jump in the last couple of months but we are out of the 40s so that is encouraging! She told me that the spring has been really slow for them at the agency and they didn't even show any profiles last month. They are currently working with 4 birthmoms who are in the process of deciding whether or not adoption is the choice they will make. They will be showing those birthmoms some profiles in a month or so. 


Not lots of news but at least we are slowly but surely getting closer to expanding our family. I find myself asking people more questions now and gleaning info about diapers and baby wraps and my Auntie gave me a really cool book all about making your own baby food as well as a fuzzy baby blankie. So it is all coming together and I am more open to gathering info and necessities. I know we should start doing so soon but I have a hard time doing it thus far. Maybe it is time though, time to let hope and anticipation really start to grow and bear fruit.


I will get in touch with the agency again in September and maybe by then we will even be in the low 30s!

No comments: