Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy Birthday! To Me!



I have always loved my birthday. Yes, there have been the few odd ones that I dreaded because of my circumstances or just my self-pitying attitude. For the most part though I have always looked forward to my birthday. It is a day of being spoiled (and who doesn't love that?!), a day of being reminded that I am loved and thought of and appreciated, a day when I give myself permission to not do anything! No housework, no cooking, no laundry, just having a day for myself. 


My birthday is even more special though because I share the day with my Mom! That's right, I was born on her birthday. We always have lunch together and exchange gifts and out of the many years that I have been on this earth I can only think of a few times that we haven't been able to spend our actual birthday together. We both try and make sure that we are available for this day. Mom and I have always been close and I think being born on her birthday is part of that reason. I look forward to spending many many more birthday lunches with my beautiful, loving Mom.


Instead of being down because I am on the downhill slide to 40, I am looking forward to what the future holds! So here's to my birthday! And to a year full of promise and hope!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday, Julie!

It's not a downhill slide...we're swinging UP to 40. and UP is always good...right? :) (at least, this is what I tell myself...and the fact that I have a tiny person in the house makes me feel like I'm still kinda young. :) )(you'll see!!)