Thursday, December 15, 2011

What? No TV?!

It's been almost 4 weeks now. Chad and I decided that we were going to stop watching tv and just see how it goes. Almost 4 weeks and only about 4 hours of watching tv. 3 of those hours being Amazing Race because I wanted to know who won and 1 hour of news. That's all. It was kind of strange at first especially for me because with being home all day I had just kind of gotten used to having it on as a source of background noise and in some respects company. We haven't missed it though and the few times we did turn it on it almost felt intrusive! The commercials were so annoying and it just seemed larger than life after not having it on for a while. We have found as well that we have more time for things. Whereas we used to say we 'just didn't have time' we now do! It is amazing when you think that you don't want watch that much tv to realize just how much you really did and how it is such a waste of time. I'm not saying we will never watch it again (we have still been recording our favourite shows in case we want to sit and watch them one day) but we have been enjoying the peace and quiet. We listen to music or just don't have anything on at all. We read or work on puzzles or just get things done that we have been putting off. I even find it more relaxing to just not have it on. I don't think I truly realized how much I missed quiet until we did this. It's been good for us! Give it a try sometime!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie.

...What's a TV? :)

I like the new look of your blog! Very nice!

Allan